FURNACE MAINTENANCE CHECK LIST
1. Heat Exchanger – Inspected for cracks & deterioration
Heat exchangers can develop cracks with age. If they exist, there is a risk of serious illness from the toxic fumes emitted.
2. Burners – Removed & cleaned if necessary
性姿势学堂 Dirty burners can cause poor combustion, soot, condensation, and will shorten the life of the furnace. You pay for useful heat that ?goes up the chimney? instead of going into your house.
3. Fan Switch – Checked & adjusted
性姿势学堂 A fan switch that is not properly adjusted can waste energy and cause nuisance fan cycling
4. Pilot & Pilot Assembly – Cleaned & adjusted as necessary
性姿势学堂 Weak or dirty pilots can easily be extinguished causing the furnace to shut down
5. Safety Controls – Operationally inspected
性姿势学堂 Safety controls that do not operate can cause dangerous problems.
6. Gas Line – Leak checked from the furnace shut off valve to the burners
Undetected gas leaks are dangerous.
7. Combustion Air – Openings will be checked
性姿势学堂 Blocked or restricted combustion air openings can be dangerous.
8. Flue Pipe – Inspected
Flue pipe corrosion or leaks are dangerous.
9. Temperatures & Performance – Recorded
An accurate record of vital data can indicate potential problems that can be eliminated.
10. Panels – Secure all panels
性姿势学堂 Loose panels can increase operating costs and cause either a shutdown or a dangerous condition.
11. Controls & Safeties – Inspected & tested
性姿势学堂Controls and safeties that do not function properly can increase operation cost and cause other components to fail.
12. Lubrication – Application to motors & bearings
Improperly lubricated rotating equipment will eventually fail.
13. Belts & Pulleys – Inspected & adjusted
Loose belts and worn pulleys decrease air flow, increase operating costs and shorten the compressor’s life. Belts crack and break with age.
14. Air Filter – Replaced at customer’s option
性姿势学堂A restricted air filter can cause your air conditioning unit to waste energy and shorten the compressor’s life.
15. Voltage & Amp – Draw of the blower motor, compressor & condenser fan motors checked & recorded
性姿势学堂Improper voltage and amp draw increase operating costs and can shorten the life of any motor.
16. Thermostat – Checked & calibrated
性姿势学堂Improperly calibrated thermostats cause the unit to run longer than necessary. Every degree your air conditioner operates below 78 degrees can add 5%-8% to the cost of cooling.